Sophie is the first person I met in Stockholm. I had seen, and heard, her on the great W-project blog where she was explaining her entrepreneurship's experience in Stockholm.
We met when she was still selling canelé in different coffee places, testing out the market. Since then, Sophie created and runs Sophies Canelé, a beautiful French/Swedish café built around Bordeaux' specialty, le canelé. Thanks to one of those 'lucky timing' that seem to happen a lot, I rode my bike past her coffee place a few weeks later (we hadn't been in touch since) a day before the opening!
As it turns out, that was the first step to many things. From this day on, I was drawn by her gravitational force. Her mix of connecting people, helping out and being helped, happy days, tough days and constant personal challenge, she has been at the center of my adventure and that's great!
Thanks to her I have:
- Understood (and seen) that Stockholm is small and you get to know many people very quickly (or at least everybody knows Sophie)
- Started to learn how to make a delicious chouquette
- Discovered what a canelé is really about
- Met Amélie, Vincent and Rodolphe
- Cleaned the basement, did the washing, printed and re-printed posters and menus
- Met many great people that I'll never meet again but had great talks with
- Discussed and put in action many theories about entrepreneurship